Saturday, February 8, 2020

Winter 2020 Pastel Class

Project: Desert Refuge Week 4

This was the last week that I will work on my project unless I can find something I've missed, I think I am done. Don't worry if you are still working on yours we still have time or if you are finished with your project feel free to start something of your own.

In the water  I added some ripples into the reflection area mostly using a light blue pastel and making small "dots and dashes" to suggest ripples.
In the darker areas of the reflections I used a slightly darker blue than I used above, as these ripples may be in shadow and will be a bit darker. I also used my indigo at the base of the reeds and along the shore to create shadows and a separation between the reeds or dry ground and the reflections.

Along the levee I added the suggestion of rocks and weeds as well as shadows from the trees, use the photo to guide you.





The last thing I did was at the suggestion of Di, to add a bit of the purple haze at the base of the mountain and I also strengthen
 the color at the tops of my trees.





This is the finished piece, I will live with this for a few days before calling it done but for now this is a good stopping place so I don't overwork it.

Keep painting and I will see you in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment